PAYCE ADDS TOUCHES TO QUAKERS HILL PUBLIC SCHOOL
Mr Brian Boyd – Managing Director of PAYCE donated technology in support of an innovative e-learning environment in Sydneys western suburbs.
Leading Australian property company, PAYCE, has donated two large touchscreen TVs to Quakers Hill Public School to assist the school with its innovative approach to modern learning and teaching practices.
As a result of the $7500 gift, the school has been able to expand its technology equipment by installing two 65-inch LED touchscreen TVs in two classrooms.
PAYCE General Manager, Mr Dominic Sullivan was on the scene as ...
The interactive televisions were handed over to the school captains at a Principal's school assembly on 8 August. Mr Sullivan said PAYCE had been very impressed with the Western Sydney school's innovative use of technology and e-learning programs and offered to help with some much-needed new equipment.
"The school's motto, 'innovation-excellence-success', clearly expresses the school's vision to continue to be an outstanding place of learning and I have been very impressed with what I have seen here on my visit," he said.
PAYCE contribution to innovative education and e-learning
Managing Director of PAYCE, Brian Boyd said his company was very pleased to have the opportunity to contribute to preparing the school's students for the digital world.
"As a school with over 100 years' of history, it would have faced many challenges and seen many changes over that time in educational practices," he said.
"Technology in its various forms is now a part of everyday life, both in the home, socially and at work and the school and its staff are to be congratulated for the excellent work being undertaken at the school to adapt to new and emerging educational and technological changes," Mr Boyd said.
Quakers Hill school community equips its students for the 21st century.
Quakers Hill Public School is working closely with the school community to ensure its students are well-equipped for the 21st century, with an emphasis on students taking responsibility and ownership of their learning.
Innovative changes already implemented at the school include:
- Creation of virtual classrooms through skype, where students meet online for normal class activities, such as lectures, discussions and projects.
- Creation of voluntary shoeless classrooms where traditional chairs and desks are dispensed with and replaced by the type of comfort zones students may experience in a home environment.
- Redesigning classrooms and involving students in how they want their classrooms laid out, and even to the type of furniture in the rooms.
- Access to an increasing range of e-learning devices, including interactive whiteboards and television, iPads, tablets and computers.
Quakers Hill Public School was founded in 1912 with 30 students. Today it has 670 students drawn from a multicultural background.
PAYCE have a long history lending support to various community initiatives throughout Sydney
As builders and developers of luxury apartment complexes PAYCE Consolidated Pty Limited have gained a strong reputation for innovative urban renewal, design and community planning.
- Brian Boyd – Managing Director of PAYCE Consolidated Pty Limited Sydney NSW
- Brian Boyd – PAYCE Consolidated Pty Limited, Sydney Property Development Company
- Brian Boyd –Apartment Developments in Sydney
- Property development companies in Sydney
- Development companies Sydney
- Apartment developers Sydney
- New apartments for sale in Sydney
- Apartments for sale Sydney
- Commercial developers Sydney
- Commercial property Sydney
- Commercial renewal projects Sydney
- Community estate planning Sydney
- Community renewal Sydney
- Private housing partnerships in Sydney
- Public housing partnerships in Sydney