PAYCE'S PASSIONATE SUPPORT FOR 2016 AFFORDABLE HOUSING CONFERENCE
- PAYCE Headquarters, Sydney NSW. Bill Smith
What would it take to create 100,000 new affordable homes in NSW?
Leading Australian property development and investment company, PAYCE is the major sponsor of this year's Affordable Housing Conference.
The Conference is to be hosted by the NSW Federation of Housing Associations in Sydney on 28-29 July, 2016.
The theme of the 2016 event is 'What would it take to create 100,000 new affordable homes in NSW?
Mr Brian Boyd welcomes the challenge.
PAYCE Managing Director, Brian Boyd welcomed the opportunity for PAYCE to be part of the event, both as a Platinum Sponsor and participant.
"It is well documented that there is a large housing shortage in NSW, especially in the affordable housing sector," said Mr Brian Boyd.
"There is a real need to escalate the conversation around increasing affordable housing across NSW.
"The good news is that it is on everyone's radar and governments are responding as evidenced by the NSW Government's Social and Affordable Housing Fund, Future Directions for Social Housing and Communities Plus," continued Mr Boyd.
"As a major developer in the Sydney area, PAYCE wants to work with and support the community housing sector by providing specialised development advice and innovative solutions leading to best practice for the increase in supply of affordable housing and social outcomes.
"The conference is most timely and can act as a catalyst for a range of actions, such as the release of land, funding options and infrastructure incentives," concluded Mr Boyd.
Global experience brings Invaluable input from overseas experts.
The conference organisers have secured several renowned international speakers.
PAYCE General Manager, Dominic Sullivan said the input from the overseas experts will be invaluable. "I look forward to hearing of their global experiences and what can be done in the government, private and NGO sectors to address this issue here in NSW," he said.
"The conference also provides PAYCE with an opportunity to showcase its Washington Park project in Riverwood, where an under-developed and under-utilised housing estate has been transformed into a seamless and integrated housing model, with social enterprise examples and with measurable social impact."
- The Speakers include:
- Piers Williamson
- Piers Williamson has been the Chief Executive of the Housing Finance Corporation, the leading profit-for-purpose lender to UK housing associations, for the past 13 years. Prof Williamson has worked extensively with government and government agencies and is viewed as a sector expert on all aspects of housing finance.
- Prof Geoff Meen,
- Professor Geoff Meen is the Head of Economics, University of Reading. Prof Meen specialises in research into markets at different spacial scales from the local to the national.
- Prof Suzanne Fitzpatrick
- Professor Suzanne Fitzpatrick has been involved in international collaborations on a broad range of housing-related issues and is also part of a network of academics across North America, Europe and Australia.
To receive conference updates or find out more contact: 2016 AHC, Small Talk events Pty Ltd, PO Box 490 West Ryde, Sydney 1685 or call 0422 116 849.
NSW Awards for Excellence in Community Housing 2016
In conjunction with conference, the 2016 NSW Awards for Excellence in Community Housing will be held on 28 July at Rydges World Square, Sydney. The awards were established in 2002 to recognise the achievements of the community housing sector and to encourage excellence. They are open to all non-government and local government organisations involved in the development and provision of community housing. Nominations are now open and close on 30 May 2016.
The awards include NSW Community Housing Provider of the Year, the Deadly Gunya Award for the Provision of Tenancy Support Services to Aboriginal Communities, Excellence in Customer Service, Best Partnership Award, Best Specialist Solution/Initiative, Best Development and the Nazha Saad Award for Women's High Achievement in Housing.
To find out more about the awards contact Maja Frolich at MajalF@communityhousing.org.au or call 02 9281 7144.
- Brian Boyd – Managing Director of PAYCE Consolidated Limited Sydney NSW
- Brian Boyd – PAYCE Consolidated Limited, Sydney Property Development Company
- Brian Boyd –Apartment Developments in Sydney
- Property development companies in Sydney
- Development companies Sydney
- Apartment developers Sydney
- New apartments for sale in Sydney
- Apartments for sale Sydney
- Commercial developers Sydney
- Commercial property Sydney
- Commercial renewal projects Sydney
- Community estate planning Sydney
- Community renewal Sydney
- Private housing partnerships in Sydney
- Public housing partnerships in Sydney